Saturday 2 May 2015

Rick St.Dennis 30th Bithday card

This card I have done for my Niece to give to her husband on his Birthday. One of his Pashions is Dragons so what better an image than this one ..After all he is her Knight in Shining Armour.I used a 8x8 card blank and some papers I got from a digi kit I had years ago ,sorry cannot remember the name as I used to put them in generic folders.The image is on Neenah card and coloured with Polychromos Pencils..In total I spent about eight to nine hours on the colouring alone on this one.I cut the image out by using the edge die on one of my Tonic Die sets,then mounted it onto blaxk card..I then cut out freehand as closely folowing the die shape as possible.,and put my squiggly line around the inside to finish..I then matted all the papers with black card and added them to the card using Collall all purpose glue..then layered them where I wished them to be . The insert went in next and I also made a pocket for my Niece to put a poem in of her own , she writes some beautiful poems too..Last thing was to use Collall 3D glue gel to add the main topper ,slightly shape the labels to give depth and add the 30 today sentiment..I am sure he will love this,hope you do too :)xx

You can find this beautiful image here 





This card will be entered into the following challenges 

3 comments:

  1. Well worth the time you took to color, Christine. It's fabulous! What a wonderful birthday card. I'm sure both your niece and her hubby are thrilled. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Christine, your colouring is perfect for this fun, fabulous dragon image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and perfect for our challenge at Crafty Catz and good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx