Thursday 7 July 2016

Sasayaki Glitter CAS Card

Hiya ,Todays card I have done several things completely different..Firstly it is a Clean and Simple card CAS ,and secondly this is the first time I have tried Watercolour Pencils to colour the image..I used Caran D'Ache Prismalo 2 watercolour Pencils onto Neenah card..Not really advisable as if you get it too wet it baubles ,but I used a water brush and kitchen towel to keep it quite dry.I love the effect but I do know I need practice with these but also use a different card that will take the water much better.I did however touch her face up very slightly around the edges with my regular Polychromos,not a lot ,but it did not have the umph I wanted..But I do think that the Watercolour pencils are a good addition to your craft kit..I did not do a background however due to the type of paper I used ,,I knew it would not take it.
 The image was cut out using a Tattered Lace basic Pinpoint scalloped circle die.I then cut a frame in Pink Centura Pearl to frame the image ,this complimented the pink I used in the dress and accessories throughout the image..The card itself I ran through the Ebosser with a Crafter's Companion Embossing folder with pretty buterflies on it ,this was to put texture into what would be a blank boring card..and gives it a bit of interest ..I went arounD the edge of this with the same colour pencil I have used in the topper ,this helps to knit it all together.Finally I added the frame to the image and used 3D glue Gell to add to the card..I created a label on the pc and cut the end into a fish tail mounted it onto the same pink card used for the frame ,bent it slightly and added with the 3D glue.
It is hard doing a card like this when your used to doing pretty layered card..I have a lot of respect for those who do this on a regular basis ..Thank You for popping by :)xx

You can find this image here

You can enter the new challenge by clicking on HERE



This card will be entered into the following challenges

8 comments:

  1. Great creation Christine, I love the colours... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet card!
    Thank you for joining Crafty friends
    DT Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours, turned out fantastic
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, cute image and lovely embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for joining in this months die cut or punches challenge over at Crafty Calendar. Don't forget to become a follower of our blog if you're not already to be in with a chance of winning this months prize.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx