Friday 18 November 2016

Saturday Sketch New DT Card ..Happy Print Club Printables

Hiya for this new DT I have started it is a bit different for me ,First it is using a sketch for the design of the card ,I have never done that ,but it is fun and for my first card the sponsor is Happy Print Club,and they are great for lovely images like this one that I have used today and of course many more for all occasions..
I printed mine several times and decoupaged mine to make it 3D  and popped it onto a pretty lilac slightly oblong card to which I have just added a simple pen outline background to it ,this has kept it very soft and pretty without detracting from the main image.,This was then mounted onto some Purple Centura Pearl..The backing Papers for this card were from Firs Editions Mulberry kissed and these were also mounted onto the same Centura card..The whole card was made from just one sheet of white with a hint of gold Centura pearl,which I folded as you can see in the picture..I dont think the measurements would help as they would be different for every card ,but the box bit at the back I have made at about one and a half inch depth ,this helps the card to stand even with the weight of the topper on it ..But the width and where you pop it is up to you in your own design..Then I added a brace bar across the bottom ,Ideally I would use a small Magnet or even velcro ,that would allow the one end to be detatched and allow the card to fold for posting..If you popped the brace lower you could pop one of those battery lights in and it would look pretty on a Christmas card too ..Thank You for popping by :)xx

You can find this image and more here
HappyPrint Club

You can enter our new challenge by clicking on HERE







Sorry due to illness this card was not entered into any challenges

1 comment:

  1. Christine, this is a brilliant take on the sketch this week. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx